Tuesday 22 April 2014

One Way



Here is the illustration I told you I made for Leyre Valiente's exhibition in the Museo Nacional de Artes Decorativas in Madrid. This exhibition is called "Mujeres Valientes" and it will be there till May 17th.

There you won't only see my work, but also the illustrations of other 24 talented (and brave) illustrators who take part in it. What do we do there?
Each one of us interprets one of Leyre's dresses in an illustration. There're many different styles in this exhibition which is really interesting. But not only this, you will also see some of her beautiful dresses in love. So I really recommend you to go there and to take a look. You won't regret it!! ;)

In my case, I was told to draw this coat for her collection called
Malleus Maleficarium, which dresses tell you the story of a woman announced to be a witch.  A really mysterious and magical collection. To understand better this story, take a look at this video filmed during one of her fashion shows.

Here is a photo of the coat I got from her web (on the back there's the same bird stamp):


But it was my interpretation of this coat, I leave it up to you what you think I wanted to say with it. Get your own interpretation! :)

Also, here is the poster of the exhibition with the name of all the illustrators:


Nothing else for today!! I just want to say thanks to Leyre Valiente for the opportunity. I had a lot of fun drawing and planning it ;)

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment